Slideshow

June 30, 2009

On the drive to work...

[The NEW school Joy Williams]
*photo taken from Google Images
So I do not usually listen to the radio, but I am currently driving a car without a tape or CD player...it is insane!!! Only the radio is available to me while in the car. At first, I flipped back and forth between 105.3 and 104.5, then switched to 105.7, and did a rotation of the three channels. Finally I decided to check what was on 88.9 Way-FM which is a Christian radio station (which I don't usually listen to, but between the three other radio stations there wasn't anything good to listen to).

The first song that they played was an upbeat, dance track (I wish I knew the name and artist of the song) which suprised me because I would usually hear them play contemporary stuff. Well the next track they played was a contemporary Christian Rock song: Switchfoot - "Awakening". After that, the next song they played was an Indie track which it also suprised me a little bit. At first I thought it was a Feist track, but in fact it was Joy Williams track.

For a moment I was in a state of awe and amazement. My morning turned from regular to musical WOW (yeah that's right)! Her style has changed! She has gone from contemporary to indie; it is incredible and I like it...a lot! This also goes to show that electronic produced songs are becoming popular in the music world. Here is the Joy Williams track they played
:
Now compare this to a Feist track:
Now compare the NEW school Joy Williams with the OLD school Joy Williams:

No comments:

Post a Comment